12 Abandoned Vehicles Towed from Defunct Car Lot Off Jeffco Blvd.
The following information was supplied by the Arnold Police Department for the period ending Jan. 10. Arrests or charges mentioned in this report do not indicate convictions.
Monday, Jan. 7
- An employee at Circle K at 2001 Richardson Rd. told police he saw a man pumping gas into a black 2012 Chrysler 300. The worker recognized the man and the car from a prior gas drive off. The employee shut off the pump, and the car fled south on Vogel Rd. The man left without paying for $8.99 in gas.
- An employee at U-Gas at 3611 West Outer Rd. reported that a man pumped $20.01 in gas into a white 1999 Ford E150 and left.
- An investigator for Charter Communications reported that a home on Crosswinds Drive had been repeatedly stealing cable service, which was terminated in February 2012. Investigators discovered the home to be receiving service once in October and twice in December. Each time the service was cutoff, it was reestablished, and the suspect continued to receive unsubscribed service.
- A woman told police that someone had stolen her purse from a shopping cart while she was at the Goodwill at 3616 Richardson Square Way. A citizen found the purse on the parking lot and returned it to police.
Tuesday, Jan. 8
- A Galaxy tablet valued at $400 was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle on Maple Meadows Drive.
- An employee at U-Gas at 3611 West Outer Rd. told police that a man filled up a white Chrysler with Illinois license plates and drove off without paying for $20.10 in gas.
- Officers following up on a six-month old abandoned vehicle case had 12 motor vehicles, trailers and watercraft towed from Checkered Flag Motors at 1607 Jeffco Blvd. Multiple summonses were given to the custodian. The business owners were given several extensions by the Arnold City Council to clean up the defunct lot. The final extension ended in early January.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
An employee at Storage Bank at 3850 Vogel Rd. reported that someone damaged a storage unit valued at $250.
Thursday, Jan. 10
An employee at U-Gas at 3611 West Outer Rd. told police that someone pumped $23.29 into a Toyota Corolla and left without paying.