Arnold Police Beat: Man Tries on Shoes, Leaves Store
The following information was provided by the Arnold Police Department for the week ending Feb. 13.
Sunday, Feb. 13
- Four people were arrested for trespassing at a house in the 2800 block of Fox Run Ridge. A neighbor reported a man was behind the house attempting to enter the building. When officers arrived, they saw the man leaving the rear of the home and found three more suspects in a vehicle parked in the driveway. The suspects told police they worked for a heating and cooling company and were trying to contact the homeowner. The homeowner, when contacted, said he had no knowledge of the company or the suspects.
Friday, Feb. 11
- Officers responded to a fight involving three people at the Circle K Convenient Food Mart, 504 Jeffco Blvd. When police arrived, one participant attempted to leave the scene in a vehicle. Police arrested her for driving while intoxicated. The two men involved in the fight were arrested and charged for disturbing the peace and third-degree assault.
Wednesday, Feb. 9
- A man, who had outstanding warrants, was arrested for third-degree assault after head-butting a woman in the 1900 block of Melody Lane.
- A man was arrested for stealing less than $500 from Walmart, 2201 Michigan Ave. Store security detained the man until police arrived.
Tuesday, Feb. 8
- A man was arrested for stealing less than $500 from Walmart, 2201 Michigan Ave. Store security detained the man after he attempted to leave the store with $109.97 in merchandise.
Monday, Feb. 7
- A man was arrested after trying on a $59.99 pair of shoes at Famous Footwear, 1215 Water Tower Place, and running from the store. The suspect's friends, who remained at the scene, identified him. Police caught the man at the parking lot at Walmart, 2201 Michigan Ave.
- An employee with Missouri Natural Gas reported that someone had damaged the right rear tire on his vehicle while he was parked in the 1200 block of Airglades. The damage was estimated at $150.
- A man was arrested for stealing less than $500 from Schnucks, 3900 Vogel Road, and for outstanding warrants. Store employees had detained the man for attempting to leave the store with $10 in merchandise.
- A woman was arrested for stealing less than $500 from Schnucks, 3900 Vogel Road. She had stolen $100.29 in merchandise.