Arnold Woman Arrested for Child Endangerment
The following information was supplied by the Arnold Police Department for the week ending Oct. 6. Arrests or charges mentioned in this report do not indicate convictions.
Monday, Oct. 1
- An officer on patrol observed a small child running westbound in the traffic lane on Ridgecrest toward Jeffco Boulevard. The child’s caregiver, a 55-year-old Arnold woman, was standing at the intersection using her cell phone, unaware as to the child’s whereabouts. She was arrested for endangering the welfare of a child and for fugitive warrants from Jefferson County and St. Louis County. The child was released to his mother.
- Police arrested a 51-year-old Bourban man who fled Walmart in a white SUV after being chased by store security for shoplifting. The man was taken into custody for stealing over $500, driving while revoked, trespassing, failing to yield to an emergency vehicle and possession of drug paraphernalia. The man was held pending investigation.
Tuesday, Oct. 2
- Police responded to Walmart where a 44-year-old St. Louis City woman left the without paying for items valued at $706.90. After fleeing from officers across the parking lot, she was subsequently found hiding near a trash dumpster. The woman was also found in possession of drug paraphernalia. The property returned to Walmart and the woman was later released pending arrest warrants.
- While on a suspicious person check, police arrested an 18-year-old Arnold man for possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and several unidentified pills. The man was released per the application of warrants pending lab results.
Wednesday, Oct. 3
- A man reported that he placed his wallet on the counter at Quick Trip, was distracted, and when he turned around to retrieve it, someone had taken it.
- An employee with Outside Guys Lawn reported that he was working at Heartland Bank and when he returned to obtain the Stihl backpack blower, valued at $450, it had been stolen from the back of the truck.
- A woman reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle at Tanglewood and stole her car stereo faceplate, CD case and pepper spray.
- A 33-year-old Arnold woman was arrested for refusing to leave an elderly victim’s residence in the Starling community. Following booking, she was placed in a cell later to be released on summons when sober.
- A 27-year-old Arnold man was arrested for DWI after he was stopped for a traffic violation at Richardson Road and Jeffco Boulevard. He later submitted to a breath test resulting in a .111% breath alcohol content. Following booking, he was released to a sober driver.
Thursday, Oct. 4
A victim reported that someone had entered his/her unlocked vehicle on Bender and stole a GPS valued at $100.
Friday, Oct. 5
- A blue 1995 Buick Century parked on a commuter lot was reported stolen between 10 p.m. on Oct. 4 and 7:20 a.m. on Oct. 5. The vehicle was left unlocked.
- A man reported that both license plates on his silver 1994 Chevrolet Silverado were reported stolen while vehicle was parked at Amusement Systems on Jeffco Boulevard. The incident occurred Amusement Systems between 5 p.m. on Oct. 3 and 7:30 a.m. on Oct. 5.
- Police responded to Comtrea at 21 Munincipal Dr. in reference to a careless and imprudent driver, who was later taken into custody for DWI. The 32-year-old Arnold woman submitted to a breath test resulting in a .242% blood alcohol content. She was booked and released to a sober driver.
- A woman on Southwood Drive reported that her former boyfriend took her vehicle without her permission and moved out of the house without returning the vehicle. Vehicle was entered into REJIS as stolen.
- While on a traffic, stop police arrested a 47-year-old Arnold man for DWI at Jeffco and Betty Drive. The driver refused a breath test. While conducting the investigation, the passenger of the vehicle went to the police car where the man was being held and opened the door contrary to officers orders. The 34-year-old Arnold woman was arrested for interfering with an arrest.
- While police were handling a DWI arrest at Jeffco and Betty Drive, they saw another driver come to an abrupt stop in the fast lane of Jeffco. Police arrested the 35-five-year-old Arnold man, who refused a breath test. The man was also wanted on outstanding municipal courts and other felony warrants. Police also arrested a passenger in the vehicle — a 34-year-old Arnold woman — on outstanding warrants in Jefferson County.
- A motorist reported being struck by a Ford F150 at Arnold Tenbrook and Jeffco Boulevard. Police found the truck a few minutes later and arrested the driver, a 35-year-old Arnold man.
Saturday, Oct. 5
While on a traffic stop at Jeffco and Hickory Manor, police arrested a 26-year-old for DWI. A breath test revealed her blood alcohol content was 0.126. After processing, she was released to a sober driver.
Sunday, Oct. 6
- A 27-year-old Fenton man was arrested at Walmart for stealing $196.76 in miscellaneous merchandise.
- Officers received a call about an at-large dog Rythm Lane. Police found the dog at Arnold Commons and issued the dog's owner a summons for a leash law violation.
- A man reported that someone both license plates off his Saturn which was parked at Crosswinds Drive.