Family Fun for Free: Magic House, Graduation, Monday Movies
The Magic House in Kirkwood has free admission for families today and Seckman High Schoo graduates at St. Louis University this weekend.
Free Family Night at the Magic House — Families of no more than two adults and 4 children of their own, have an opportunity to enjoy more than 100 hands-on exhibits at the museum. Sponsored by Target.
- Where: 516 S. Kirkwood Rd., Kirkwood, MO — Magic House, St. Louis Children's Museum
- When: Today, May 20, at 5:30–9 p.m.
- Information: 314-822-8900, www.magichouse.org/events-family.php
Spring eCycle Drive — Bring your unwanted computers, electronics, appliances and metal to have it recycled properly, at no cost.
For businesses or individuals with large quantities of electronics to dispose of, free pickup is available. RNA Worldwide is hosting its annual electronic recycling drive in the Fox High School service center parking. RNA also offers secure data destruction for people worried about the data on the machine.
- Where: Fox Senior High School, 745 Jeffco Blvd, Arnold, MO 63010
- When: Saturday at 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Information:firstname.lastname@example.org; 314-338-6048 for pickup, 314-338-4402 for data destruction; http://www.rnaworldwide.com
Seckman High School Graduation — Young ladies and gentlemen of the senior class at Seckman High School don their caps and gowns and walk across the stage at St. Louis University's Chaifetz Arena to receive their high school diplomas.
- Where: 1 S Compton Ave, Saint Louis, MO — Chaifetz Arena, St. Louis University)
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Note: Grand Bridge is closed, so there is a detour route using Compton Avenue. See the Seckman High website for directions to the arena.
- Information: 636-282-1485, www.seckmanhs.fox.k12.mo.us/pages/Seckman_Senior_High
Cake Decorating Workshop, Introduction — Join instructor Mona for a Wilton cake decorating workshop. This workshop will serve as an introduction to cake baking and decorating.
- Where: Hobby Lobby, 30 Arnold Mall, Arnold, MO 63010
- When: Monday at 6–8 p.m.
- Fee: $20, call to learn about needed supplies.
- Information: Mona, 314-956-9094, http://hobbylobby.com
Monday Movie Munchies at Arnold Library — Bring the whole family out to Arnold Library Monday night and watch the familly film The Great Mouse Detective with other Arnold families on the big screen. Bring a picnic dinner to eat during the movie if you like, or other snacks. All ages are welcome.
- Where: Jefferson County Library Arnold Branch, 1701 Missouri State Rd
- When: Monday at 6–7:15 p.m.
- Information: Amy Held, 636-296-2204, email@example.com, http://jeffersoncountylibrary.org
Story Time: Wild Animal Tales — Arnold library story times always include two or three books and a craft activity, all centered around a certain theme. May's theme is "Wild Animal Tales." Kids of all ages are invited to come and get "wild."