Are you ready for football? On Friday at 7:00 p.m. the Fox Warriors will stare down the Seckman Jaguars, on Seckman’s home turf in Imperial.
Fox Booster Greg Abeyta said that the two schools have not played each other at the varsity level for a couple years because they had been in two different “classes” which are determined by the size of the high school. The Missouri State High School Activities Association placed both Fox and Seckman in Class 5 this year.
Patch asked Coach Jamie Critchlow of Seckman High and Coach Brent Tinker of Fox High what to expect at tonight’s game.
“We expect our kids to play hard, play smart and play together,” said Coach Critchlow. “We had some very close losses last year…a total of 8 points from being 6-4 on the regular season. This year we expect our kids to learn how to take over a game and treat adversity as part of the ride.”
Coach Tinker said of his Fox players, “I expect our team to come out and battle all four quarters every game. We want to represent our school with excellent effort and execution. Our wins and losses will depend on our consistency and discipline.”
Patch asked Coach Critchlow if he could name five players that fans should watch.
- Cody Tolliver is fun to watch play. He’s a good receiver with great hands.
- Our quarterback Devon McCoy--we expect him to make some great plays for us on offense.
- Middle Linebacker Zach Martin--we look for him to be a run stopper for us on Defense.
- Sean Thomas--Senior Free Safety--looks to make some physical plays for us on Defense.
- Right Tackle--Clayton Wyland--returning starter we expect to punch holes in opposing defenses.
Patch also asked Coach Tinker if he could name five players to watch. He was reluctant to rank his players but did offer six players to that will be fun to watch tonight.
- Tyler Brewer, #28. Wide Receiver and Defensive Back. Good speed, tall wide receiver. Very talented on defense as well. Returning all conference Defensive Back.
- Jimmy Huskey, #22. Running Back and Middle Linebacker. Great speed and size. Should be all over the field.
- Greg Abeyta, #33 Receiving Back and Free Safety. Maybe our best defensive player. Will see action on offense as well.
- Dominic Saputo, #78. Offensive Line and Defensive Line. Centerpiece of our defense.
- Daylon Harper, #4. Running Back and Middle Linebacker. Very good player, plays physical.
- Tyler Thompson, #5. Quarterback and Defensive Back. Offense depends on his good decision making. Very capable of being great.