Imperial Man Arrested For Assault Following Car Accident
The following information was supplied by the Arnold Police Department for the period ending Jan. 3. Arrests or charges mentioned in this report do not indicate convictions.
Monday, Dec. 31
- The manager at Plaza Tire at 301 Plaza Way told police that someone stole six recycled batteries with a total value of $60 from a scrap area on the property.
- A 22-year-old Troy, MO man was arrested at Schnucks at 3900 Vogel Road for stealing a candy bar and a tube of Chapstick. He was booked and released on a summons.
- While at Schnucks for the above case, store employees detained a 31-year-old Imperial man for concealing lithium batteries valued at $27.99. Police arrested the man and given summons for the theft charge. However, he was also wanted for a felony possession of a controlled substance warrant from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department. The man was held to be released to officers from that department.
Tuesday, Jan. 1
- Hwy 141 A man told police that someone had removed a trailer hitch from his vehicle on Highway 141. The hitch was worth $90.
- An employee at Circle K at 2001 Richardson Rd. reported that a black Chrysler 300 drove off without paying for $35 in gas.
- An employee at Shop 'n Save at 1253 Water Tower Pl. detained a 16-year-old for stealing a bottle of liquor valued at $19.88. The teen was released to her parents.
- A 60-year-old Imperial man was arrested after assaulting a victim after a car accident. Following booking, he was released on a summons.
- A business owner told police that someone took his blue 2003 Ford Focus from the front of his Jeffco Boulevard business after he left the vehicle unlocked and running.
Wednesday, Jan. 2
- A man reported that someone broke into his vehicle and damaged the door while he was parked at Comfort Inn at 3610 West Outer Rd. A fire proof safe, credit cards, tools and cash were missing from the vehicle.
- A man told police his military common access card was lost or stolen, and the last place he knew he had it was at Taco Bell at 1932 Richardson Rd. on Dec. 31.
Thursday, Jan. 3
An employee at U-gas at 3611 West Outer Rd. told police a man driving a 1990 red Toyota Camry drove off without paying for $30.39 in gas.