Juveniles Set Arnold Man's Bales of Hay on Fire in His Backyard
The following information was supplied by the Arnold Police Department for the week ending Nov. 11. Arrests or charges mentioned in this report do not indicate convictions.
Monday, Nov. 5
- An employee at Enterprise Leasing at 3932 Jeffco Blvd. reported that a 40-year-old St. Louis County man rented a vehicle for a day on Oct. 16 and never returned it.
- An employee at U-Gas at 3611 West Outer Rd. reported that a man in a silver car pumped $40.85 in gas and left without paying.
- A 51-year-old Arnold man was apprehended by Dierberg's management for shoplifting. Upon officers’ arrival, he was arrested, and it was found that this was the man's fourth stealing offense after an arrest history was conducted. Following booking, he was released pending warrants.
- A 20-year-old Desoto woman was arrested for shoplifting at Kohl’s at 2150 Michigan Ave. Following booking, she was released on a summons.
Wednesday, Nov. 7
- An employee at U-Gas at 3611 West Outer Rd. reported that a man pumped $35.14 in gas into a white Pontiac Grand Prix with Missouri license plates and left without paying.
- An employee at Walmart at 2201 Michigan Ave. reported that a woman left without paying for more than $400 in merchandise. Police arrested the 33-year-old Desoto woman and later released her on a summons.
Thursday, Nov. 8
- A book bag, an iPod and Garmin GPS were reported stolen from a vehicle parked on a lot at Jefferson College on Missouri State Road. The passenger window was smashed out.
- The rear window of a vehicle parked at Fox Senior High School at 751 Jeffco Blvd. was reported broken.
Friday, Nov. 9
- Officers investigating a prior improper 911 call determined that a 33-year-old Hillsboro man had made the 911 call for a robbery. The man turned himself in at the Arnold Police Department. He was booked and released on a summons.
- An employee at Hobby Lobby at 30 Arnold Park Mall reported that a woman left the store without paying for a basket valued at $30.
Saturday, Nov. 10
- An responded to Hollywood Beach for a report of illegal dumping and found 34-year-old Arnold man who had dumped a large amount of tree limbs. The man was issued a summons and released.
- A resident on Timothy reported that he saw three juveniles setting bales of hay in his backyard on fire. Police found the boys, who were released to their parents.
Sunday, Nov. 11
Store security at Walmart stopped an 18-year-old Imperial man after he stole $33.44 in makeup. Police released the man with a summons.