A 31-year-old St. Louis man is facing several charges in connection to allegedly choking his child's mother and kidnapping their son in Arnold.
According to court documents, Antonio Jose Castillo kicked in the front door at the woman's house in the 2100 block of Plaza. The woman said Castillo choked her, threw her around and then took their 2-year-old son, the documents state. The incident occurred on Monday, March 11 around 3 a.m.
The woman told police she allowed Castillo to take the child under duress and because she feared that he would harm her again, the documents state. Police arrested Castillo when he returned to the home with the child 13 hours later.
On March 3 Castillo broke into the woman's home and caused about $1,250 in damage to a TV, windows, bedrooms and other items, court documents state. He then called the woman and left a voice mail apologizing for the damage.
Castillo has been charged by the Jefferson County Prosecutor's Office with first-degree burglary for entering the woman's home on March 11, second-degree domestic assault and second-degree property damage.
He was charged with second-degree burglary and first-degree property damage for the March 3 incident.
After his arrest, Castillo was being held at the Jefferson County Jail on a $50,000 cash-only bond. He posted bond on Monday, March 18.
Charges and allegations mentioned in this report do not indicate convictions.
See other court-related stories on Patch:
- Imperial Woman Stole Jewelry in Fenton Home Burglary, Police Say
- Neighbor Charged in Arnold Home Burglary
- Imperial Man Charged in Connection With Two Fenton Home Burglaries
See More on Patch
- Oakville Man Charged for Punching, Biting Arnold Woman
- Arnold Man One of Five Charged in Fenton Burglary
- Heroin Bust, Rec Center Outrage Are Among Top Police Stories in Arnold
- Men Stole Hawaiian Punch, Remote Control Cars From Arnold Home, Police Say
- Man Pulls Teen Out of Car During Break-In in Arnold