Patch sent all local candidates for office identical questionnaires in order to compile candidate profiles prior to the April election. Each candidate who returned the survey will be featured on the site.
Dan Kroupa, 62 (Candidate for the Fox School Board)
- Address: 20920 Kroupa Dr., Arnold, MO
- Occupation: Accountant/VP Finance – JEDMED Instrument Company
- Education: Bachelor of Science, UMSL-Business Administration, Accounting Major
- Family: Married to Susan Kroupa for 42 years; has two children and one grandchild
- Years lived in the Fox School District: 62 years.
- Please provide a brief summary of your background, highlighting community involvement if applicable.
- Treasurer of City of Arnold 2010-present
- Member of Midwest Bank Center Advisory Board 2010-present
- City of Arnold Representative to the Jefferson County Economic Development Corp 2010-present
- Chairman of Arnold Finance Committee 2010-present
- Member of Arnold Economic Development Committee 2010-present
- Member of Arnold Parks & Leisure Services Board 2008-2009
- Please provide a brief summary of your reasons for running: I am running for the School Board because I want the C-6 District to be the best school district in the St. Louis area, and I feel that my education and experience offer the voters qualifications that no other current Board Member or candidate possesses.
1. What do you currently see as the biggest issue facing the Fox School District? I think that the biggest problem that the District is facing is funding. With the State Budget cuts, and changes in the State distribution formulas, the District must constantly monitor its resources to provide the best education for the students, while providing competitive wages for its teachers, nurses, maintenance workers, bus drivers, and nutritional services staff. All are critical, not just for education, but also for the welfare and safety of the children. Safety is also a top priority, especially given recent events in other states. Keeping up-to-date with advancing technology is also a must, so that our children are prepared to enter the workforce with the qualifications that employers require. I would address these issues by communicating with the administration, and reviewing and implementing Board Policies that would help accomplish the goal of giving our children the best education possible.
2. How would you address the continuing uncertainty over state funding for schools? State funding of schools must be addressed by making our State legislators aware of the financial needs of schools and asking for their help in maintaining the levels of State Funding.
3. In what area does the Fox School District need to improve? Are you satisfied with the way the district has been operating? I think that any business or school should always be striving to improve in every area, and I think that the District is continually trying to trying to do that. I am satisfied with most aspects of the way the District has been operating, because we have excellent teachers, bus drivers, food service, and maintenance workers who care about the District.
4. Assume you win the election. What single thing do you want to accomplish during your three years on the board? If I win the election, the first thing I would like to accomplish with the help of the other Board members is to implement a tighter hiring policy with regard to Board Members and Administration relatives.
5. There has been some opposition regarding the hiring of relatives within the district. How do you plan to address this moving forward? If I win the election, the first thing I would like to accomplish with the help of the other Board members is to implement a tighter hiring policy with regard to Board Members and Administration relatives.