Multiple Thefts From Unlocked Cars on Missouri State Road
Three purses have been taken from unlocked cars at 2012 Missouri State Road while mothers dropped off their children at a day care center.
The Arnold Police Department provided the following information.
- Theft greater than $500 — A victim, on Blossom Lane, reported someone stole about $508 from her checking account, possibly via the Internet.
- Shoplifting Trading Cards — Walmart store security, at 2201 Michigan Ave., caught three 19-year-olds — from Imperial, Pevely and Arnold — for allegedly shoplifting trading cards from the store. Police issued court summonses to the man and released them at the scene.
- Stolen iPhone — A victim reported is iPhone stolen after he placed it on a bench at Ferd B. Lang Park, 1838 Old LeMay Ferry, to play basketball. The phone is valued at $300.
- Theft, Trespassing — Walmart store security identified a Hollister man, 52, as the person who allegedly stole a desktop computer from the store on March 30. Other Walmart stores have caught the man for stealing and have issued a trespass notice to him.
- Verbal abuse — An Imperial woman, 37, allegedly became verbally abusive during a traffic stop, Arnold police officers said. The woman would not accept the tickets, would not go to court and refused to provide identification information. Officers assisted her from her car, booked her and released her on a court summons.
- Stealing — Walmart security, at 2201 Michigan Ave., stopped a Columbia, IL, woman, 26, after she allegedly attempted leave the store without paying for $275 of merchandise. Officers issued the suspect a court summons and released her at the scene.
- Stealing — An Imperial woman, 40, faces charges of stealing less than $500 from Lowe’s, at 920 Arnold Commons. Store employees stopped the woman after she left the store without paying for about $332 in merchandise. Arnold police officers learned the suspect is also wanted in St. Louis County for stealing.
- Soliciting without a license — Police arrested a Passaic, NJ, man, 21, in the 600 block of Wren Drive after residents called about a suspicious person in the area. Police charged the man for soliciting without a license and released on a summons.
- DWI — Police stopped an Arnold man, 37, for allegedly driving while intoxicated while he drove near the intersection of Starling Airport Road and Ray Del Drive. The suspect was booked, refused to take a breath test and released.
- DWI — Police stopped an Imperial woman, 41, for allegedly driving while intoxicated while he drove near the intersection of West Outer Drive and Vogel Road at 11 p.m. The suspect had a breath test of .105, was booked and released.
- Assault — Police charged an ITT Tech student with assault. The St. Genevieve man, 26, allegedly slapped a classmate on the head.
- Internet Theft — A woman reported that someone withdrew $395 from her checking account via the Internet on March 18.
- Shoplifting — Arnold police pursued a St. Louis woman, 33, after she allegedly shoplifted less than $500 in merchandise and fled from the Kohl’s department store at 2150 Michigan Ave. Officers caught the woman on Interstate 55 when her car ran out of fuel. Officers learned the suspect is wanted on a warrant, the booked and jailed her.
- Shoplifting — Officers charged an Arnold man, 18, with stealing less than $500 in merchandise from Walmart. The man allegedly dumped about $100 in merchandise after walking to the nearby Kohl’s department store. Police issued the suspect a court summons and released him at the scene.
- Fleeing Arrest, Stealing less than $500, Marijuana Possession — Arnold police officers charged a St. Louis man, 39, in the 2100 block of Ridge Road with marijuana possession during a follow up investigation of theft at U-Gas, at 3611 West Outer Road,where a suspect pumped $25 of fuel and left without paying. The suspect fled on foot but was caught on Christy Drive, the police report stated. Officers released the suspect on a court summons.
- Underage Drinking — Arnold police officers took into custody four Arnold teenagers — a 16-year-old, a 17-year-old male, a 17-year-old female, and an 18-year-old female — after responding to an emergency call from the 1400 block of Sterling Pines. At the location, officers a person unconscious and with breathing problems and that minors had consumed alcohol. Officers released the juveniles to parents and issued court summons to the adults at the location and released them to sober drivers. An ambulance transported the adult to St. Anthony’s Medical Center for alcohol poisoning.
- Property Damage — A woman, in the 12000 block of Airglades Drive, reported broken three windows on her vehicle while it was in the apartment parking lot overnight. The damage is valued at $400
- Stealing more than $500 — An AT&T employee at 1105 Jeffco Blvd. reported that a man stole a Motorola Artrix cell phone, valued at $630, from the store.
- Stealing less than $500 — Walmart store security detained two women — a 31 year old from Crystal City and a 32 year old from Pevely — for allegedly shoplifting about $360 in merchandise. Both suspects were booked, investigated for other suspected thefts in the area, then released on court summons.
- Vandalism — Arnold police responded to reports of people damaging mailboxes in the 2300 block of Tribute Drive and the 1000 block of Sable Lane. The Jefferson County Sheriff reported similar crimes, the police report stated. Law enforcement officers stopped the suspects as they drove through the area.
- Stealing more than $500 — A woman reported her purse missing from her unlocked car after dropping off her child at a day care center, at First Baptist Church, at 2012 Missouri State Road between 6:40 a.m. and 7 a.m. at 2012 Missouri State Road.
- Stealing more than $500 — Another woman reported her purse missing from her unlocked car at 2012 Missouri State Road. The woman said the purse was stolen between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. on March 18.
- Theft, Trafficking — Two Imperial women, ages 34 and 35, face charges of theft and possibly of methamphetamine trafficking after Target employees, at 3849 Vogel Road, called the Arnold Police Department. The women acted suspiciously, the police report stated. Police learned the women stole about $160 in costume jewelry from the store and were selling their prescription medication. Officers also learned the women bought Pseudoephedrine tablets and allegedly providing them to another person in exchange for money or meth. Both suspects were booked, interviewed and held.
- Fire — Police learned that an Arnold juvenile purposely started a leaf fire behind the homes in the 2800 block of Fox Meadow Lane. Officers released the juvenile to his parents, the police report stated.
- Stealing — A U-Gas employee, at 3611 West Outer Rd. reported a man driving a white 2006 Dodge Stratus MSL pumped $30 of fuel then left without paying.
- Marijuana Possession — An Arnold woman, 25, faces charges of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession after officers found her near the intersection of Old Lemay Ferry Road and Strawberry Bridge. Officers booked the woman, issued a summons and bond, then released her.
- Suspicious Person — Arnold police responded to calls about a suspicious person in the 200 block of Key West Drive. Police arrested the St. Louis man, 57, on numerous municipal warrants.
- Vandalized Car — Someone broke a car’s windshield, damaged its steering column and stole the catalytic converter while the car was parked at a commuter lot, near Richardson Road and Vogel Road from 6 p.m. March 18 to about 10 a.m. on March 21.
- Stolen copper — Jones Realty, at 505 Jeffco Blvd., employees reported someone stole copper pipes from several businesses air conditioning units.
- Stealing more than $500 — A woman reported her purse missing from her unlocked vehicle at First Baptist Church, at 2012 Missouri State Road. The car was parked at the church between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. on March 12.