Police Investigating $1,500 in Damage to Recreation Center Lockers
The following information was supplied by the Arnold Police Department for the week ending Dec. 2. Arrests or charges mentioned in this report do not indicate convictions.
Monday, Nov. 26
- A Coach Mobile Home Park employee reported that copper was stolen from three air-conditioning units in the park.
- An employee at a business on Woodland Manor Dr. told police someone had stolen the license plate tab from her vehicle while she was working.
- An employee at the Arnold Recreation Center at 1695 Missouri State Rd. reported that six lockers were damaged in the men’s and women’s locker rooms. The suspect attempted to pry open the lockers. Damage is estimated at $1,500.
- While on patrol at Interstate 55 and Highway 141, officers observed a wrong-way driver. The vehicle was eventually stopped, and the driver, an 87-year-old Caseyville man, appeared disorientated and confused. He was transported to a local hospital for medical treatment.
- An officer investigating a reported suspicious person at Walgreen’s at 3900 Vogel Rd. arrested a 21-year-old Barnhart man for stealing a 2001 Buick Century in Jefferson County. He was booked and held awaiting pickup by Jefferson County Sheriff's Department. The man also stole a $19 bottle of vodka from Walgreen's, which was recovered by the business.
Wednesday, Nov. 28
A 41-year-old Arnold man was arrested for disturbing the peace of his brother on Arnold Tenbrook Road. It was the second time police were called for the same offense. Following booking, he was placed in a cell later to be released on a summons.
Thursday, Nov. 29
- License plates were stolen from a vehicle parked in the driveway of a home on Dornseif.
- A resident on Rosewood Drive reported that a man removed a package from his front porch valued at $78, then fled in a gold- or tan-colored passenger vehicle.
Friday, Nov. 30
A resident on East Church Road reported that someone cut the electric to his dusk-to-dawn light and wrote on the side of his house with a marker.
Saturday, Dec. 1
- A resident on Lonedell Road reported that someone entered five unlocked vehicles parked in her driveway and removed $3,400 in stereo equipment.
- A resident on Rockwood Drive reported that someone removed a license plate from her car while it was parked in the driveway.
- Officers responded to Lincoln regarding a call for a deceased cat in a pet carrier in the backyard. Police say the animal had been dead for several days. The Humane Society and Arnold animal control officers are investigating the incident. It is not known who owned the cat.
- A manager at PetSmart at 828 Arnold Commons reported that someone stole 12 boxes of canine flea and tick medicine from the back of the store. The medicine was worth $1057.88.
Sunday, Dec. 2
- A man reported that someone broke out the passenger window of his 2008 Ford Edge while it was parked on Hollywood Beach Road. A tote bag containing paperwork was stolen.
- Officers investigating an assault at Bayshore Apartments found that a 20-year-old Arnold woman assaulted a juvenile. The woman had warrants for her arrest from the St Louis City Police Department. She was taken into custody and held pending bond/agency pickup.
Questions about this report may be directed to editor Sheri Gassaway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See previous crime-related stories on Arnold Patch:
- Arnold Man Wanted Ex-Wife's Attorney Beaten With a Bat
- Hanging License Plate Leads to Mobile Meth Lab Bust in Arnold
- Man Arrested After Found Snorting Substance in Applebee's Restroom