Top 8 Arnold Patch Stories in August
Stories about a fatal crash near Arnold, the Fox-Seckman rivalry and Chick-Fil-A were among the top stories last month.
Readers on Arnold Patch were intereted in a diversity of stories in August. Our most-visited articles include stories about a fatal car crash near Arnold, the Fox-Seckman rivalry and Chick-Fil-A.
Revisit the top eight articles below. And if you're interested in the major crime stories from the month, be sure to visit: Arnold Crime: Meth Lab Busts, Strange Thefts.
(Stay updated on Arnold news by liking Patch on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ArnoldPatch)
- Arnold police might have raised some eyebrows by parking a police vehicle inside Shop 'n Save, but officers were raising money for Special Olympics.
- Three dogs and a cat were victims of an overnight fire in the 500 block of Rockwood Drive in mid-August. Thankfully, no human injuries were reported.
- After Wisconsin U.S. Representative Paul Ryan was selected as Mitt Romney's running mate, Patch users were quick to offer their assessments of the selection.
- See who won the first annual chicken wing-eating contest between the rival Fox and Seckman football teams.
- The Fox-Seckman rivalry continued on the football field. Relive the game by viewing our photo gallery on Patch.
- In the days leading up to the August primary election, Patch polled local Democratic political influencers about the U.S. Senate race. They said John Brunner would be the toughest challenge for Claire McCaskill, though Todd Akin, who has recently made national headlines, eventually won the party's nomination.
- Remember all the hubbub surrounding the statements made by the president of Chick-Fil-A? It led to nearly 500 comments on this Patch article and record sales at the Arnold location.
- An Arnold man was moderately injured in a car accident that also claimed the life of another woman on the outskirts of Arnold in late August.