Woman Assaulted at Arnold VFV Hall
The following information was supplied by the Arnold Police Department for the week ending Oct. 28. Arrests or charges mentioned in this report do not indicate convictions.
Monday, Oct. 22
- Someone spray painted graffiti on the asset wall of a business on 1227 Telegraph Rd.
- An employee of American Realty Company reported that someone had stolen 10 feet of copper pipe from a vacant home at 2357 Roland Dr. The theft occurred between Sept. 22 and Oct. 18.
Tuesday, Oct. 23
Police were investigating a call for suspicious person soliciting at Walgreen’s on 3937 Vogel Rd. Officers then received a call for an armed robbery in progress in the area of Walmart at 2201 Michigan Ave., which was unfounded. It was determined that the caller was the subject soliciting on the Walgreen’s parking lot due to where the call originated.
Wednesday, Oct. 24
- An 18-year-old Arnold man was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia at Fox Senior High School at 751 Jeffco Blvd. He was issued a a summons and released at the scene.
- A person reported that someone driving a white pickup truck pulling a trailer struck his/her vehicle at Highway 55 and Route 141.
- Walmart loss prevention officers reported that a man took a $599 Optoma movie time projector and then left the without paying for it. He entered a white Dodge Ram.
- Police responded to a single vehicle accident at Highway 41 and Astraway for a single vehicle motor vehicle accident. The driver, a 53-year-old St Louis man, was driving while suspended. He was transported to St. Anthony's Medical Center where he refused to submit a blood sample.
- A 21-year-old High Ridge woman was arrested for DWI and several other traffic charges at Highway 141 and Jeffco. She refused a breath test and was later released on summonses to a sober driver.
- An officer on patrol saw a motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed on southbound Vogel Road. After a brief search, the motorcycle was found after it crashed near the intersection of Old Lemay Ferry and Richardson. An investigation found that the motorcycle was stolen from St. Louis City on Aug. 31. The driver fled the scene prior to officers finding the vehicle. Police are continuing to investigate.
Friday, Oct. 26
- Walmart security officers reported that a man attempted to push a cart of merchandise out the door without paying for it. After being stopped by the door greeter, the suspect fled in a maroon van. The merchandise was recovered by the door greeter.
- A manager of a business in Arnold Commons reported that she asked a another woman who was harassing one of her employees to leave several times. The woman then pushed the manager and fled the area.
- A 38-year-old Arnold man was apprehended by Walmart store security for shoplifting. After police arrested him, it was discovered that he had a felony warrant from out of state. He was placed in a cell pending transport to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department.
- An officer on a suspicious vehicle call found the occupant, a 19-year-old Imperial man, to be in possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. He was released on a summons.
Saturday, Oct. 27
- Store security at Kohl's reported that an elderly man left the store without paying for two electronic readers. The suspect was later identified as a 71-year-old St. Louis man who had been committing similar thefts at other Kohl’s stores throughout the area. He was entered as wanted.
- Store security at Kohl's stopped a 25-year-old Desoto woman for stealing $361 in merchandise. She was also wanted by the Jefferson County Sheriff's Depart and Crystal City for stealing warrants. She was booked and held pending bond or court.
- An officer responded to a peace disturbance in the 2400 block of Starling Airport and found a 43-year-old Arnold man to in possession of marijuana. He was released on a summons.
- A woman at the Arnold VFW Hall reported that she was assaulted by a 44-year-old Arnold woman after a verbal argument. The suspect was located and taken into custody for assault. She was also wanted by Pevely for $350 traffic warrant. She was booked and held pending bond.
- Officer on traffic stop at Vogel and Richardson roads determined that a 22-year-old Arnold man was in possession of paraphernalia. He was issued a summons and released at scene.
Sunday, Oct. 28
- A 20-year-old Cameron woman was arrested for soliciting without a city license at Fannie Drive. She was also found to have an outstanding warrant for the same offense from the Bridgeton Police Department. Following booking, she was placed in a cell pending release to authorities.
- A man reported that someone stole his X-Box and computer, valued at $800, from his home on Libra.