ALIVE Magazine is proud to announce that Saint Louis Fashion Week, presented by Brown Shoe Company, is nearly upon us! It is St. Louis' premier fashion event, bringing together the city's top national retailers and boutiques, emerging designer talent and fashion enthusiasts for five nights of style, glitz and glamour. Lucky for us, two of those nights take place right here in Richmond Heights at the Saint Louis Galleria!
Macy’s at Saint Louis Galleria will present "Putting It All Together" on Wednesday, October 10 at 6 p.m., and the Saint Louis Galleria will present "Fall in Fashion" on Thursday, October 11 at 6 p.m. Each night features a distinct fashion show of the presenter’s top retailers, brands and clothing lines, a pre-party of drinks and appetizers and post-show shopping opportunities. Tickets for each night are $15 in advance or $20 at the door, and one hundred percent of proceeds benefit St. Louis Children’s Hospital and HavenHouse Saint Louis. Here are the details for each night:
Join Macy’s as it showcases the Fall 2012 trends for men and women on the runway. Guests will receive 25% off of any purchase from the Impulse and INC International Concept departments during the event. Be one of the first 200 guests to check in and receive a free gift bag and the opportunity to make a $5 donation to St. Louis Children’s Hospital and receive a $10 Macy’s Savings Card to use that night.
All proceeds benefit St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Thursday, October 11 – FALL IN FASHION
Presented by Saint Louis Galleria
From Lucky Brand Jeans Co. and Apricot Lane to Brooks Brothers, Ann Taylor and The Gap, a collection of more than 10 various designers and brands throughout the Saint Louis Galleria will be working together to create a fun and fashion forward runway show.
All proceeds benefit HavenHouse Saint Louis.
Tickets: $15 (online pre-sale); $20 (at the door)
Time: 6 p.m. Pre-Party, 7 p.m. Fashion Show, 8 p.m. Shopping
Location: Saint Louis Galleria (1155 Saint Louis Galleria, St. Louis, MO 63117)
After Party: BlackFinn American Grille (1147 Saint Louis Galleria, St. Louis, MO 63117)
The Trends of Saint Louis Fashion Week
ALIVE Fashion Director Attilio D'Agostino, Fashion Week Show Director Sarah Faragalla and Stylist Samantha Chadwick have been working closely with our retailers, boutiques and designers to bring you the hottest trends for fall.
You can be sure they have had their eyes glued to New York Fashion Week and other trendsetting runways, so take notes—you can expect to see looks influenced by menswear and military, featuring lots of neutral colors with some jewel tones popping up in formalwear.
As for accessories, our runways will showcase leopard prints, statement jewelry, structured belts and, of course, plenty of fabulous boots, wedges and pumps by Brown Shoe Company.
Our hair and makeup teams will be styling lots of Old Hollywood looks, as well as ’60s retro bouffant and squeaky-clean, super-straight styles this year. You’ll be seeing a variety of makeup trends, depending on which shows you attend! Look out for geometric, bold looks on the eyes, as well as color blocking and sketched lashes. When the eyes are more neutral, we’re creating drama with dark shades of red on the lips or weathered cheeks.
Tips for getting the most out of Saint Louis Fashion Week:
1. Plan Ahead. Clear your schedule for October 9-13, then purchase your tickets in advance—don’t miss out on a show because you were scrambling at the last minute to find that tickets have sold out! Each night of Fashion Week has its own flare and you won’t want to miss a beat.
2. Dress Accordingly. Stop by any of our Fashion Week retailers ahead of time for guidance on choosing the perfect outfit. Try adding some statement jewelry to your look and a pair of wedges from Brown Shoe Company. Comfortable yet chic, wedges are perfect for a long night.
3. Arrive Early. Seats are first-come first-serve, so arriving “fashionably late” may leave you standing in the back. The pre-parties start an hour before the runway show begins, and there will be plenty to do and see! Give yourself plenty of time to get your photo on the red carpet, mix and mingle in the Bud Light Platinum Lounge, grab a gift bag, sip on Effen Vodka cocktails and snatch a seat for the show.
4. Take note. Many of the looks you will see on the Saint Louis Fashion Week runways are available for you to purchase and take home the night of the show! We’ll be providing you with a Fashion Week program that includes look sheets for each runway show, and special offers to the local boutiques of Liquid Style so take note of which looks you can’t live without and where to find them in STL!
Find more information about Saint Louis Fashion Week and purchase your tickets at saintlouisfashionweek.com. We'll see you on the runway!
- Gwen Ragno, Associate Editor of ALIVE Magazine