Hi all! I am pleased to announce that I am the new editor of Arnold Patch.
I have been with Patch since it launched in the area in 2010. I started as a freelance writer in October 2010 covering Arnold, Fenton, High Ridge and Jefferson County news. In February, 2011, I was hired by the company as an associate local editor and was promoted to editor of Webster Groves Patch in August 2011.
I currently live in Affton, but I have a contract on a home in Arnold! I lived in Arnold from 2004 to 2009 and loved it! I always felt SAFE! When I first moved to the city, there were few big businesses in the area - the old Walmart, Shop 'n Save, the old Schnucks to mention a few. I remember seeing a lot of fields and open space — something I wasn't used to growing up in St. Louis County.
I watched Arnold grow from a small bedroom community to a mega-center for shopping — everything you need is all in one place — without the traffic congestion found in other cities! Even with all the new businesses, it's still a quiet, peaceful place to live.
If I look familiar or you've heard my name before, it's because I was very active in the community when I lived here. I joined the Arnold Chamber of Commerce when I moved to the city as SMG Communications, which was later named PR Plus. In 2005, Arnold hired my company to write its newsletters before the job was taken in-house. I also served as an advertising representative for the Arnold/Imperial edition of Around Magazine.
For those of you that already know me, I am very outgoing and probably one of the most down-to-earth people you'll ever meet. So, if you see me at a meeting or at Starbucks (my favorite spot for a raspberry latte) or struggling in the street to get that perfect shot to go with the story of the day, please come up and say "Hey!"
Here's how to get involved with Arnold Patch!
- Have a news tip or story suggestion? Call or text me at 314-409-1086 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add your announcements and events to the site. Also, check out our comprehensive business directory featuring everything from restaurants and shops to parks and churches.
- Sign up for our free daily newsletter for local news delivered straight to your inbox each morning.
- Start blogging! Do you have a passion for the arts, politics, education, sports? Share it on Patch!
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
- Spread the word! Let your friends and neighbors know about the site and tell them to visit us and share.