Arnold police officers arrested six people on suspicion of driving while intoxicated during a safety checkpoint last weekend.
The officers were stationed at the checkpoint on Friday night for about five hours, Maj. Nick McBroom said.
Arnold police hold multiple safety checkpoints each year. They're funded by grants through the state, McBroom said.
According to incident reports, the following arrests were made:
- A 39-year-old Imperial man with a BAC of .130
- A 29-year-old Arnold woman with a BAC of .209
- A 46-year-old Imperial man with a BAC of .116
- A 59-year-old Imperial man who refused sobriety tests
- A 40-year-old Hillsboro woman with a BAC of .147
- A 28-year-old man from Quincy, IL, who refused sobriety tests