The University of Missouri may not be going to a postseason bowl game for the first time since 2004, but there are plenty of intriguing football bowl games on the schedule this year.
We've got your complete list here, along with notes on teams featuring players who played their prep ball in and around the St. Louis area. If we've missed out on any of the local connections, tell us about it in the comment section. (All times CST.)
- Little Caesars Pizza Bowl — Western Kentucky vs. Central Michigan. 6:30 p.m., ESPN
- Military Bowl Presented By Northrop Grumman — Army vs. San Jose State. 2 p.m., ESPN. De Smet Jesuit graduate Chris Boldt, a senior, is the Golden Knghts' punter this season and Priory's Colin Linkul, a sophomore, is in a reserve role on defense.
- Belk Bowl — Duke vs. Cincinnati. 5:30 p.m., ESPN
- Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl — Baylor vs. UCLA. 8:45 p.m., ESPN
- AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl — University of Louisiana-Monroe vs. Ohio University. 1 p.m., ESPN
- Russell Athletic Bowl — Virginia Tech vs. Rutgers. 4:30 p.m., ESPN
- Meineke Car Care of Texas Bowl — Minnesota vs. Texas Tech. 8 p.m., ESPN
- Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl — Rice vs. Air Force., 10:45 a.m., ESPN
- New Era Pinstripe Bowl — Syracuse vs. West Virginia. 2:15 p.m., ESPN
- Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl — Navy vs. Arizona State. 3 p.m., ESPN2
- Valero Alamo Bowl — Texas vs. Oregon State. 5:45 p.m., ESPN. De Smet Jesuit grad Malcolm Agnew and his Beaver teammates will be in San Antonio to play the home state Longhorns and experience The Riverwalk.
- Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl — TCU vs. Michigan State. 9:15 p.m., ESPN
- Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl — Vanderbilt vs. North Carolina State. 11 a.m., ESPN
- Hyundai Sun Bowl — Georgia Tech vs. USC. 1 p.m., CBS
- AutoZone Liberty Bowl — Tulsa vs. Iowa State. 2:30 p.m., ESPN. De Smet Jesuit's and CBC's Johnathan Parker will be paying close attention to this one. The MCC rivals have both pledged to play for the Golden Hurricane. Chaminade grad Rob Standard will see action at running back for the Cyclones.
- Chick-fil-A Bowl — LSU vs. Clemson. 6:30 p.m., ESPN
- TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl — Northwestern vs. Mississippi State. 11 a.m., ESPN2
- Heart of Dallas Bowl — Purdue vs. Oklahoma State. 11 a.m., ESPNU. Parkway Central grad Brandon Sheperd is part of a talented group of wide receivers for the Cowboys.
- Capital One Bowl — Georgia vs. Nebraska. 12 p.m., ABC
- Outback Bowl — Michigan vs. South Carolina. 12 p.m., ABC. Ladue Horton Watkins grad Jehu Chesson has redshirted his freshman season at Michigan, but the extra month of practice figures to benefit his preparation to see the field next fall.
- Rose Bowl Game presented by Vizio — Stanford vs. Wisconsin. 4 p.m., ESPN Former Timberland (Wentzville) graduate Montee Ball looks to add to his career TD record as the Badgers take on the Cardinal in Pasadena.
- Discover Orange Bowl — Florida State vs. Northern Illinois. 7:30 p.m., ESPN
- Allstate Sugar Bowl — Florida vs. Louisville. 7:30 p.m., ESPN
- Tostitos Fiesta Bowl — Kansas State vs. Oregon. 7:30 p.m., ESPN
- AT&T Cotton Bowl — Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M. 7 p.m., FOX. Durron Neal, a De Smet Jesuit standout has seen limited action in his freshman season for the Sooners as a wide receiver. The Sooners won a share of the Big 12 championship and will face Texas A&M.
- BBVA Compass Bowl — Pittsburgh vs. Ole Miss. 12 p.m., ESPN.
- GoDaddy.com Bowl — Arkansas State vs. Kent State. 8 p.m., ESPN
- BCS National Championship Game — Notre Dame vs. Alabama 7:30 p.m., ESPN De Smet Jesuit's Andy Bauer, a junior offensive lineman, and one of the top prospects in the class of 2014, has been heavily recruited by the Crimson Tide. He was a guest of Alabama at the Iron Bowl game vs. Auburn last week.