Rock Roll O Rena Roller Rink
Generations of Arnold area residents have learned to skate on the hard maple floor of the Rock Roll O Rena Roller Rink. Almost every night, the lights are flashing, the music is blaring, and the skates are rolling round and round. Glen and Jo Donna Neifert opened the roller rink in 1965 and their son helps run it today. The Neiferts emphasize safety, wholesome fun and a family-friendly atmosphere. Two nights of the week are reserved for private events and birthday parties, but open skate times are available Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. It also has a snack bar, game room and coin-operated lockers to stow your belongings.
- Hours: Mon, 6:30pm - 8:30pm; Tue - Wed, closed for private parties; Thu, 6:30pm - 8:30pm Fri, 7:30pm - 10:30pm; Sat, 2:00pm - 4:00pm; 7:30pm - 10:30pm; Sun, 2:00pm - 4:00pm.
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is level with the parking lot.
- Founding Date: 1965
- Ticket information: Tickets range from $4 to $8.
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: No
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Restrictions: No smoking
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Discounts: Group/family, Student
- Private events: Yes
- Facility types: Indoor
- Features: Food/drink, Game room, Vending machines
- Who's the most well-known athlete to have played at the facility?: Nikki Zieglemyer, who learned to skate at Rock Roll-O-Rena and went on to compete in short track speedskating in the Olympics in the 1990s.