Arnold House Fire Sends One to Hospital, Kills Family Pet

A candle is believed to have been the cause of Monday's blaze on Lisa Drive, Rock Community fire officials say.

A house fire in Arnold Monday night sent one woman to the hospital with minor burns and killed a family pet.

The fire broke out around 6:40 p.m. in the 3700 block of Lisa Dr., said Fire Marshall Lloyd Montgomery, of the Rock Community Fire Protection District. The homeowner, his wife and two dogs were in the home at the time. 

"We tried to save the one dog, but we just couldn't find it," Montgomery said.

The fire began in the living room and rapidly spread throughout the house, Montgomery said. A candle is believed to have been the cause of the blaze.

Pat Mollard, a neighbor, was home when the fire broke out. He said he heard a commotion outside and looked out of his front window and saw a fire truck going by. 

"At first it just looked like there was just a little fire in back," Mollard said. "And then the firefighters kicked out the front windows, and the flames shot up like three stories high. But they got it under control pretty quick with their ladder truck."

Firefighters were able to bring the blaze under control in about 30 minutes, but stayed on scene for about two hours. The home was completely destroyed. 


Julie H January 24, 2013 at 03:04 AM
Prayers are with your family in this devasting time god be with this family. So sad


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »