Some students at Fox High School are concerned about a roofing project that is filling the hall and classrooms of the school with tar fumes.
Three students told KMOV-TV the fumes are overwhelming, giving them headaches and raising concerns about what they are breathing.
The project started two weeks ago and is expected to last another two weeks, according to the station. The assistant superintendent told News 4 he hadn't heard there was problem or received any complaints about the smell.
Patch will follow up with Dianne Critchlow, the district's superintendent, later today.